With Spring Break and summer vacations around the corner it is never too early to start thinking about what to do with your beloved pet during your travel time. Boarding a pet can be a stressful time for not only the pet but the owners as well. Traditional kennels can leave pets stressed and owners feeling guilty for leaving their beloved pets in a small crate for a week. A great alternative to the traditional boarding that kennels offer is a home boarding facility. Home boarding facilities offer a home away from home for your pet. While you are on vacation, your pet will feel at home in a safe and caring environment. A good reputable home care facility will have the specialized care that your pet requires. This care includes the caregivers are certified in pet CPR and first aid and are dog behavior specialists. A good reputable facility will take the time for a meet and greet before drop off. This ensure both your pet and the facility have reviewed the needs of your pet and are prepared to adapt your pet socially with the other pets staying at the facility. This personalized care allows your pet to stay in his normal routine and helps keep your pet stress free and happy. In addition, a good facility will provide daily updates or photos of your pet while you are away.
Some quick tips for finding the perfect boarding facility
- The facility has a valid insurance plan
- Their website is up and running with good reviews and plenty of personal references
- Plan ahead, when you start planning your vacation is the perfect time to plan your pet’s care
- The facility is active in the community
- The facility is certified in pet CPR and First Aid
- The care givers have a strong background in canine body language and behavior and are professional
Boarding your pet doesn’t have to be a stressful time. With some careful planning and the right boarding environment your pet will enjoy your vacation as much as you!